Dr. Nick Lavoie has been providing personalized patient care for over a decade. His passion for healthcare was first indulged with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing at the University of Massachusetts that culminated with a short career as a Registered Nurse. In the meantime, he completed a post-baccalaureate program at Harvard University to segue into his Doctorate in Dental Medicine at Stony Brook University. There, he also earned a Master’s in Public Health and a Master’s in the Art of Public Policy. Afterward, he spent an additional two years of specialty training at Stony Brook in their Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry.
Education and Training
- Stony Brook University – Pediatric Dentistry Certification
- Stony Brook University – Master’s Degree in Art of Public Policy
- Stony Brook University – Master’s Degree in Public Health
- Stony Brook University – DMD
- Harvard University – Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program
- University of Massachusetts – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Since then, he has been practicing in the private pediatric dental office setting. In recognition of his academic success, leadership, and commitment to community service he has been awarded with the New York State Dental Foundation Dean’s Award, the American Academy of Public Health Dentistry Community Dentistry and Dental Public Health Award, the Stephen Gold Award for Leadership in Dentistry, and the Delta Dental Student Leadership Award.
Awards and Honors
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- Stephen Gold Award for Leadership in Dentistry
- American Academy of Public Health Dentistry – Community Dentistry and Dental Public Health Award
- New York State Foundation – Dean’s Award
Dr. Lavoie has utilized his training to conduct research on the epidemiology and prevention of early childhood caries (cavities). He has given presentations on his research at numerous dental conferences including the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Annual Meeting, the American Academy of Dental Research Long Island Section, and the annual Greater New York Dental Meeting. He is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Academy of Public Health Dentistry, and the American Dental Association.
Memberships and Accreditation
- Certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Public Health Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
Dr. Lavoie is dedicated to maintaining healthy smiles through providing positive dental experiences for his patients. His philosophy is to keep it simple, keep it light hearted, provide lasting treatment, and empower families. Dr. Lavoie is a firm believer in preventive dentistry, but also enjoys the art and science of restoring the oral health of children in need. Outside of the office, he likes spending time with his wife Katy and their two cats, as well as hiking, fishing, and personal fitness.